88 Films to Launch 88 Italian Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Sep 15, 2014.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

http://www.peek-a-boo-magazine.be/en/news/2014/celebrate-the-launch-of-88-italian/

2. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I'm in. Anything has to be better than the Shriek Show releases.

3. Franco

Franco Weekender

4. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I remember not loving Zombi Holocaust, but I'm willing to give it another spin - the looks of the zombies, while basic, is still somewhat effective, and I can't resist the alternative title and tagline, Doctor Butcher, Medical Deviate. I've skipped through Burial Ground, and honestly, it's not for me. I can forgive - and even embrace - that the artistic handiwork is rough, or even primitive. But there is a limit. ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'd love a (region free) blu-ray of House On The Edge Of The Park, please and thank you.

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Shameless has the rights to that... and still not uncut.
    BBFC passed this in 2011 with 42s cut.

8. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I own both the Shriek Show BDs of these. Zombie Holocaust was passable but The Burial Ground release wasent great. I'm hoping these will be new transfers. Looking forward to see if they are as I would double dip on these two.

9. second301

second301 New Member

I didn't think much of Zombie Holocaust and have never seen Burial Ground. I decided to pass on that one after seeing the terrible reviews for the Shriek Show release

10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

All of this will be completely moot unless they come up with better transfers. Extras alone won't be enough to double dip - not for these films.

11. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I agree...at a minimum both of these need new transfers. I would welcome pairing these two as a double feature.

12. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

That cant´be right... upon receiving the UK blu for Stage Fright from Exposure Cinema, the startup trailer is for Zombi Holocaust.

So, if Exposure Cinema is due to release this in their line of Video Chillers, why is that the same movie is announced to be released by 88 Italian?

13. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

I'm pretty sure the announcement for the 88 Italian line indicated there was going to be some cooperation between them and exposure for it...

14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Drinkinstein is correct.

15. second301

second301 New Member

Yay for companies co-operating. We all win in the end.

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

[​IMG]

EATEN ALIVE! THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN CANNIBAL FILM is an upcoming feature length documentary, produced for our BluRay release of ZOMBI HOLOCAUST (1980). Don't let the name deceive you though - this awesome arterial-spraying sickie is actually a cross-pollination of ghoulish thunder and tribal torment that successfully works as both a cannibal creeper and a Fulci-esque creature feature. And in some ways it even represents the very last creative breath of jungle jaunting!

EATEN ALIVE! THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN CANNIBAL FILM will, of course, focus on spaghetti splatter's most controversial movie genre. Insitgated by Umberto Lenzi's Thai-set THE MAN FROM DEEP RIVER (1972), and reaching a notorious peak with Ruggero Deodato's horrifying CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (1980), the form would eventually fade from view with such lesser known romps as AMAZONIA (1985) and MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY (1985). More recently, with the Hollywood-made WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE (2007), and Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO, terrifying tales of meat-muncing tribes have made their return to the big screen. As such, the time is ripe to share some of the true stories behind the making of some of shock cinema's most stomach turning shockers.

With EATEN ALIVE! THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN CANNIBAL FILM, High Rising Productions and 88 Films turn the camera upon such groundbreaking filmmakers as Lenzi, Deodato and MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD's Sergio Martino. Also participating are LAST CANNIBAL WORLD actress Me Me Lai, in her first ever recorded interview, CANNIBAL FEROX's main man Giovanni Lombardo Radice and HOLOCAUST's Robert Kerman. Offering a critical perspective are respected journalists John Martin and Kim Newman, author Mikel Koven, academic Shelagh Rowan Legg, director Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION) and Italian genre scholar and screenwriter Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN).

EATEN ALIVE! THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN CANNIBAL FILM is the "one that goes all the way" - probing into the facts behind the legends and revealing how a trend that has fascinated, and revolted, viewers in equal measures first came to prominence. From the exotic locations to the most controversial aspects of these frequently censored eat-a-thons - everything is explored, including - of course - the idiosyncratic identity of ZOMBI HOLOCAUST itself: a bizarre blend of native fry-up and living dead delirium!

17. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Hope Blue Eyes on Broken Doll is in works.

18. Kim Bruun

19. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i really would want to see companies release movies that we already haven't seen so many times, at least Midnight Legacy (for the small time they seemed to operate) released a piece of shit that i only had seen a grotty trailer of!

20. Kim Bruun

I love upgrading old favourites to Blu. Sometimes it really is like watching a movie for the first time again. Unfortunately, Night Train Murders is already available on that medium from Blue Underground, while Scorpion has Spasmo in the works. While these and 88 Films are companies I'll gladly support, competing releases always put a damper on things. Obviously, I want the very best release for myself, and competing releases means waiting for the reviews. And that leaves Bloodstained Shadow, an overlong and underperforming giallo. I watched it a couple of days ago, and while it's not bad, it simply lacks high notes. I'd rather have had The Fifth Cord or What Have You Done to Solange? Or All the Colors of the Dark. Or even Seven Blood-Stained Orchids.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014