40 YEARS OF FRIDAY THE 13TH!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Matt89, May 9, 2020.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    One of the biggest things I loved about FRIDAY THE 13TH and parts 2 and 3 was that final cat-n-mouse chase between victim and killer. I just go crazy over those shots in the first film of the full moon and Mrs. Vorhees channeling Jason's voice going "...get her mommy, get her - kill her, kill her..." while Alice is shown running back to the main cabin. Then, there's that awesome sequence in Part 2 where that eerie music is playing over the shots of Ginny running through the damp forest looking behind her intercut with Jason running with is pitchfork...the way it's edited you're thinking the persuit is going on for hours nonstop.
    I remember when I saw SCREAM there's that shot of Sidney running along that fence by the barn. It totally took me back to Part 3's chase scene where Chris is running from Jason after the bridge collapse sequence.
    Oh, nostalgia - where would I be without ya, lol!

baggio, Matt89 and Natas like this.
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I love how stuff like that still works with people who don’t know the movie. The jump scare at the end also still gets everyone lol. I watched the original Psycho with a friend last year and he was so shocked to find out the mother was dead and it was Norman the whole time.

~Matt

Myron Breck likes this.
  3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I actually had this kind of experience with my Mom and FRIDAY THE 13TH this past March. Mom is an easy-screamer, so she nearly fainted when Jason came out of the lake. I loved it. LOL

I also had an ex who had no idea what FROM DUSK TIL DAWN was about--his reaction was priceless.